Tuesday

In the summer summer time

This last week we have been
Eating
Sunning
Resting
Walking
Snoozing
And organizing
Among other things. It has seemed to be a little cooler out, which has made me a happy one. Oh if only it would rain every day the rest of summer.

Eating: I have been cooking a lot (every week night!) and mostly crock pot so I don't have to heat up my house. My family got me an apron for my bday, so I tie that on and turn up some music and cook away! It's so enjoyable and nearly cathartic for me.
This week I'm making tamale pie, an Indian dish, chicken and broccoli, enchilada lasagna, and regular Italian lasagna. All crock pot! All of the recipes are pretty healthy and use whole foods. I love love using whole foods like garlic and ginger and fresh produce. I only use free range, organic chicken (wish I could find local) and fish-- no other meat. I am passionate about trying to eat locally and cleanly, and it's something I'm constantly working on with my addiction to fast food and eating out. So I have made a new commitment to eating at home, and It is just what we needed.

Sunning: mostly I have been at seven peaks and the park. I haven't burned much this summer-- I had a good tan for a bit but it's gone. I love Seth tan but really skin cancer is not worth it. We still hardly ever use sun screen and need to work on that!

Resting: oh whatever we do or wherever we are, we rest. It has just been so hot it's all I can manage some days! Lots of afternoons outside reading on a blanket in the shade.

Walking: I walk a lot! I have tried going every day and I only can if I get out before nine. After that and I swell up so badly it's not even funny. Gin loves it and it's become our little ritual, especially if I drop seth at work- then I walk around 7 ish when it's so airy and cool out.

Snoozing: what can I even say, except noon most days and 2pm one time.

Organizing: yes of course I spend a good chunk of my time cleaning and organizing. Another cathartic activity for me-- though sometimes truly one of my demons.

I am so tired, I could go on forever but Seth and gin are so warm and snuggly beside me and our bedroom is so dark and cold. (ac all night, don't care how much it costs). Goodnight!



0 comments:

love after love

The time will come when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
and say
sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger
who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread.
Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life...

Take down the love
letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs,
the desperate notes, peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit.
Feast on your life.

~Derek Walcott

bring it on back

and i am telling you..

i'm karlee. i have a husband and a daughter. (well ok, she's a puppy.) this is the world through my eyes.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP