Saturday

We are reading outside

I decided today that I should probably go outside finally. It's warm out here-- too warm, even in the shade-- and my hands are swelling. The backs of my knees are sweaty. It's the last day of June, so this isn't even the worst we'll see. I think it's time I embrace the summer heat. Maybe if I am out every day, melting in the sun, I'll get used to it. The alternative isn't better.
So I'm trying to read out here. I slept until 1 today. 1!! I shouldn't even admit that. I was soooooo tired. We went to a late movie last night (people like us) and got to bed around 2. Poor Seth, he got up for work at 630. I hate his Saturday shift, have I told you?
It even smells warm out here.
I am wishing a few things right now:
For a trip. Just a weekender to somewhere new. And outdoorsy probably.
A new experience. To learn something new.
To eat at the Peruvian restaurant on the corner. Hard when I'm mostly veggie and if we are gonna go out it is hard to not choose Indian.
Those are my wishes. I realized I tend to save my coupon emails, I think in hopes I can use them. I must want my carpets cleaned too! (really?)
Well... It's Saturday and doesn't feel like it. I slept too late and have a headache. I have simple wishes that won't come true right now. I am roasting but trying to be outside because I feel cooped up.
Today isn't very fun.



0 comments:

love after love

The time will come when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
and say
sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger
who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread.
Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life...

Take down the love
letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs,
the desperate notes, peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit.
Feast on your life.

~Derek Walcott

bring it on back

and i am telling you..

i'm karlee. i have a husband and a daughter. (well ok, she's a puppy.) this is the world through my eyes.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP