Thursday

gently easy peasy


 [craving this]

today has been a nice day for me.
i'm currently drinking herbal tea out of my i love lucy mug, which is a sure sign that today was a good day. 
i guess it could also really be a sign that today was a very bad day -but it wasn't.
it almost was for a minute because my phone just rang and it was H&R block asking me to do a survey about my recent visit there, and now i feel guilty for not doing it. (7 questions, that's all they wanted!)

so my day was nice because it was gentle.
you know those days? 
when the morning light and the air coaxe you outside and float you around on promises
promises of adventure and nap time and a fully belly..
i have a sneaking suspicion (umm that took me forever to spell and i finally took defeat to spell check) that my morning was that way because i actually woke up on time 
(does that mean my dad was right? it sets the tone for the whole day?!)

but it was also nice because the boy i love had to work in salt lake at four o'clock, and he probably wont be back until nine or so-- which gives me a chance to 
finish his valentine's present
catch up on house
take a long bath

i'm not saying his absence is fun per se.. but
time apart is -nice. you know? 
me time.

funny though 
how much of my me time is spent thinking of him..
and where that ring is...

-----------------------
took my holga film to be developed today! $20 for prints and a cd... pricey hobby.
did i mention i got a new duvet cover? so old lady-chic. just how i like it.

0 comments:

love after love

The time will come when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
and say
sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger
who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread.
Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life...

Take down the love
letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs,
the desperate notes, peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit.
Feast on your life.

~Derek Walcott

bring it on back

and i am telling you..

i'm karlee. i have a husband and a daughter. (well ok, she's a puppy.) this is the world through my eyes.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP