Friday

It was all yellow.

Remember how I was like, "I hate huge photo update posts blah blah"? Well I realized that the 200+ photos on my phone right now keep getting in my way. I need them gone and yet they haven't been blogged yet. So I'm on mission blog all photos and talk about them for future generations.
This fall has been... Bright and crisp, pastel, golden, balmy. Simple, yet new. Fresh and antique. I am in love with it. It was just what my soul needed. I needed shivers.
We spent a night at cornbelly's midway through October. We love hanging with my sisters, they are so fun! Brin didn't come though.. Something about her friend obsessed age happening currently. We had a lot of fun going through the mazes and haunted things. Seth fell, then I fell onto him, then I peed. (Not the first time or even second time I've peed on my husband.) I had to walk around all itchy and stinky the rest of the night, it was great fun. We ate really big hot dogs and stopped for hot cocoa with all the fixins on our way home at the good ol mavrick. It was a good night!
Other Halloween festivities included castle of chaos Orem, just Sneth and I and we did the hands on experience which was creepy. And I didn't love the vamps all up on my man. Also, shay Seth and I got creepo masks and ran around chasing kids with a chainsaw on Halloween. It was mostly a fail because dear Seth couldn't get the saw going half the time, but it was funny!
At work we dressed up as athletes. Seth wore my witch hat. Gin was a little witch too. Shay and I did crazy makeup and went to Bombay house before Seth got off work.
Another time, earlier, we took madie and Ali on the drive from hobble creek to sf canyon. It was just a little gorgeous and we listened to Ingrid with the leafy air blowing through the windows the whole time. One of my favorite memories this fall.
We carved pumpkins with shay and later smashed them on Halloween. We watched all the grudges and attempted to scare Seth as the grudge girl. Madie was supposed to be her but became afraid that kayako would haunt her, so shay did it. But left her keys out when they changed. Ruined the whole thing. It was worth it though, to see my dad get all into it and excited to scare Seth.
I love my papa.
We got booed and booed others, made pumpkin cookies and ate too much candy.
It was a lovely Halloween and fall, and it's now the last week of it. Before Christmas time is here, I just want to soak up these last days of yellow.

0 comments:

love after love

The time will come when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
and say
sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger
who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread.
Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life...

Take down the love
letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs,
the desperate notes, peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit.
Feast on your life.

~Derek Walcott

bring it on back

and i am telling you..

i'm karlee. i have a husband and a daughter. (well ok, she's a puppy.) this is the world through my eyes.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP