Wednesday

Twenty.four.

It's super odd to me that in a year I will be a quarter of a century old. I am sure I don't feel it. I am stuck on year 14 forever I think. Aging can be a very abstract concept, no? We remember nearly every age and when we were in those moments they were the present, but now they are memories and today will soon be as well. I can be 14 again, or 6 or 19, in my head if I just use my imagination. And yet it was so long ago, or perhaps it wasn't. Time is funny like that. And in another 24 years it will be the same. Fast but far. Present and past. And what of the grand future? It seems more and more to me that life is like one big, long day. And all of time is united. Because every second at once is the future, present and past and it is always moving.

Alas. I spent my birthday with a night up in Layton. We got a room and went to antelope island for the afternoon. We swam in the salty water which stung and crisped us. I loved it! It felt so pure and clean. I love the smell. I love the lack of fish. Seth was terrified of sharks the whole time so it was a short swim. Then we drove around and spotted many buffalo. The sun went down and a storm rolled in, sending us back to our hotel. We swam in our pool and soaked in the hot tub for a bit and then got ready to go to dinner.
We went to roosters, which was super yummy. Then we ended the night with a movie and slept in separate beds! We had two so we figured it might be nice. Seth crawled into mine at about 6, which was pretty cute. Then he woke me up at ten with a card and a little gift. He had already gotten me a rug and a haircut, plus the trip. He is too sweet sometimes. I need to work on his birthdays.
So anyways, we then left for lagoon. We hadn't been together and Seth hadn't been since like 2005, so there were lots of new rides for him. He is so funny and just fun to be around! We can be kids together and are so at ease when traveling or being anywhere alone. We just have a good dynamic and I love it. We are a lot alike in the way we like to take on the day and tend to agree on food choices and such. So lagoon was so simple and fun. We hit all the rides in two hours, rattlesnake rapids twice, had lunch, went on the rocket which always disturbs me, won gin a toy, and then took our sore, soggy selves home to our pup.
We called in Bombay house on the way and then saw my family for a bit. Of course, my birthday is also my sweet mama's! So I had to see her. We then spent the night watching downton abbey (another gift from Seth) and snoozing. It was a great birthday! I am a lucky girl.




0 comments:

love after love

The time will come when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
and say
sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger
who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread.
Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life...

Take down the love
letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs,
the desperate notes, peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit.
Feast on your life.

~Derek Walcott

bring it on back

and i am telling you..

i'm karlee. i have a husband and a daughter. (well ok, she's a puppy.) this is the world through my eyes.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP